Thursday 21 June 2018

Ottoman Delis

Second post in a week, and the last of the Ottoman cavalry for this project. I really enjoyed painting these figures as they are quite different from the others that have been completed:


















In the Ottoman Turkish language Deli basically meant fanatical, and they appear to have dressed accordingly wearing a variety of furs and skinned animals. To this is end I found that I have ended up painting a mixture of furs, including foxes and a lioness skin:


















Sheepskins:




































Bearskins, which I did in black and dark brown, and leopard hides:






















The lion pelt actually reminded me a bit of the pink panther, and I wondered for a moment whether I should have done it that way for a laugh, but thankfully thought better of it:


















This represents the last of the Ottoman cavalry, with nine units of twelve figures each. Just two more foot units and some artillery to go, so the end of the project is well and truly in sight now.

10 comments:

  1. Outstanding. I especially enjoy how 'irregular' they look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, I was pleased with the way they turned out. They were a lot of fun to paint.

      Delete
  2. Beautifully done, they look dynamic and superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another excellent unit Lawrence

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Delhis are very distinctive. The painting on the "skins' is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter. The animal skins were very enjoyable, and it was good there was such a variety across the figures.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous looking cavalry unit, well gorgeous looking army! The animal skins have come out particularly well!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. I'm actually only a couple of units away from completion, so am looking forward to seeing how it all looks lined up.

      Delete