Thursday 19 July 2018

Fourth and Last Azab Unit

I had originally planned three Azab units, but this fourth hand-weapon armed group of Azabs was an unexpected addition thanks to the generosity of Pete at The Assault Group. I had ordered a few additional units including some Ottoman Tufekcis, which will hopefully be off the painting table within the next couple of weeks, but I received another unit of Azabs by mistake. I offered to send them back but Pete said not to bother and that I should keep them with his compliments, and he posted the missing unit of Tufekcis the following week.

Well, I couldn't leave them lying around just gathering dust, so here is the fourth and final unit of Azabs completed:


















TAG Unit Builder Sets are often a mixture of complementary packs which gives a fair amount of variety within each unit. The Azab hand-weapon pack includes a mix of pole and sword wielding figures, with a total of twelve different poses in a twenty-four figure unit:


I















It then dawned on me that, due to the way I had based the earlier unit-builder pack, I could combine these figures to provide one unit equipped with pole arms and another entirely with swords. So here they are rearranged as such, and this is the way I will probably keep them going forward:


















The sword-armed Azabs:


















And those armed with pole weapons:


















Needless to say I am very happy with the result, and especially Pete's generosity. Hopefully I'll make it up to him over the coming year as I will be placing an order for more renaissance Poles, and have three additional TAG Eastern European armies planned beyond that.

6 comments:

  1. Another great looking unit and a wonderfully generous offer by TAG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very generous of them, and I feel guilty that they fitted in so well with the rest of the army. I'm sure I'll make it up to them when I get started on their Poles and Cossacks.

      Delete
  2. Another great looking unit,I wouldn't feel bad , your a great advert for their range and your only going to get more! I'm always tempted by their rennaisance range, it looks great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Iain. I am a big fan of TAG and will definitely be returning to them in the future. I pretty much have to anyway, as I have started putting together the figures I need for a planned Polish army.

      Delete
  3. They look great, and a happy accident. Repeat business is the reward for their generosity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, I was more than happy with the way it all worked out in the end.

      Delete