Thursday 5 April 2018

Bow-armed Janissaries

I was very much looking forward to the Easter break and four days off in which to complete my last two units of Janissaries, as well as attend to some odd jobs around the house to keep everyone happy on the domestic front.

Almost on cue I started feeling a little off around 5pm on Thursday with what turned out to be an unseasonal dose of flu, from which I finally gathered up enough strength to emerge from the bed/couch around 1pm on the Monday afternoon, feeling rather short-changed.

Thanks to my very understanding wife I managed to spend the remaining few hours on Monday afternoon basing the following unit of Janissaries, whose green caftan now roughly matches the colour our pool appears to have become during my enforced rest:


















The figures are again TAG and are from one of their unit-builder sets, containing the usual four command figures and eight different poses of Janissaries firing or advancing:




































I'm still not sure why I chose green for this unit and, around halfway through, began to wonder if I had subliminally picked the colour due to old Robin Hood movies:




































That's it for this unit, but obviously not for me with regard to the coming weekend and the yet-to-be-completed jobs around the home.

6 comments:

  1. Superb, impressive plume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Yes, the plumes are on the large size, and very distinctive.

      Delete
  2. Lovely Janissaries, Lawrence!

    I hope you continue to feel better, and as for the pool... shock and algaecide are your friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. Back on top of it this weekend and it is looking swimmable again.

      Delete
  3. I don't know, Lawrence, what some people will do to get out of cleaning the pool! Great looking unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mark. We bought a pool robot a couple of months ago, but it hasn't dramatically cut down on the amount of work. At least I have been up and about enough during the week to have caught up with a few of the jobs around the house.

      Delete