Thursday 26 September 2019

15mm Poeni Cavalry and Generals

A quick post with three Carthaginian generals and four elements of Poeni cavalry, the latest to emerge from the production line. First the generals, with the figure in the middle one of three Hannibal figures I have purchased for this army:


















The figures are Xyston, and it was nice not to have to glue on shields or spears for a change of pace:


















The Poeni cavalry did require spears and the usual Little Big Men Studios shield transfers:






















































This figures will take the field in a game against some Ptolemaic Egyptians tomorrow. I was hoping to have the elephants and some Numidians completed to join them, but they may have to wait another week or two.

8 comments:

  1. Your latest cavalry contingent looks great. I anxiously await a battle report from the front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. I should resolve to document a few AARs, but we invariably get carried away and forget to take any pictures. Which is a shame as there have been some decent nail-biting games along the way.

      Delete
  2. At first I through you had taken leave of your senses and taken up gardening, then I realized it was just my dyslexia reading Peoni instead of Poeni. Great work Lawrence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go back and check my spelling on these to make sure I hadn't drifted off into the world of flowers. Gardening is a sore point around here, and I'm starting to understand why people move into townhouses and apartments - even getting the professionals in leaves a lot to do in between visits. I'm sure if I did try my hand at actual Peonis they would go the way of the lemon trees and passionfruit vine.

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking cavalry, gardening does cut into little men time in my experience!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete