Sunday 9 June 2019

More 15mm Ancient Terrain

I recently managed to complete a few more 15mm terrain pieces from Forged in Battle, including a Roman market store:


















Roman temple:




































And another temple built of stone:


















My plan is to put these together alongside another dozen or so Forged in Battle pieces to form two more DBMM built-up areas.

I have managed to do that with the FIB middle-eastern village set, but am not sure I am entirely happy with the result:


















The buildings are a little too angular-looking for my taste. A couple were damaged in transit, and I was actually quite happy with that as it lends some variation to the models. I was also pleased to have found a home for the ruined temple piece I completed earlier.

I'm ploughing ahead with the last of the cavalry for my ancient Spanish project, and hope to have more on that within the next week or so.

9 comments:

  1. Great work on your buildings. I am not familiar with FiB buildings but will be soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The have a decent range, plus quite a few 15mm animals which are useful for things like camps and baggage.

      Delete
  2. Great looking Roman terrain additions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter. I ended up purchasing fifteen Roman buildings, so still have a few more to go.

      Delete
  3. Great looking scenery Lawrence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith, it was nice to get stuck into some terrain for a change.

      Delete
  4. Lovely looking Roman buildings, splendid temples!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. I’m looking forward to assembling them together on a couple of tiles for use in DBMM.

      Delete