Thursday 13 April 2023

15mm Dismounted Knights and Command

A quick post to highlight a few stands of dismounted knights and two mounted command stands. This represents the last of the Medieval Germans, so another army completed. First off the dismounted knights:












Two of these elements are actually English dismounted knights, but will be used interchangeably should I ever wish to dismount knights in a game. This is an expensive thing to do as the mounted knight elements cost a lot more than the foot, but dismounting allows them to fight as superior blade which can be useful:











The three pole armed elements are all German dismounted knights:











The shield transfers and banners are from Little Big Men Studios:





















I also completed two command elements:





















Easter was a bit of a disappointment in that after having caught COVID on Christmas Day, putting paid to any serious hobby time in the following two week break, I was really looking forward to a four-day break over the Easter holidays only for a bout of the flu to take hold late on Thursday and clear up just in time for work on Tuesday morning. At least it left my 285 days' accumulated sick leave untouched again.

That said, I did manage to make some progress with the last three regiments of Royalist ECW foot, over 150 figures completed. I'll post a few pictures of them soon, but might muster the completed German army for a quick parade first.

18 comments:

  1. Super work! Hard to believe these are 15s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. The Khurasan figures have just the right amount of detail and paint up well.

      Delete
  2. Beautifully done Lawrence…..bad luck on the flu 🤧

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt. Nearly over it now and back to almost full productivity.

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking knights, tough luck about your Easter painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain. We have two more long weekends coming up, so all is not lost.

      Delete
  4. Great looking dismounted knights! Shame about the flu....I had similar with my Covid, started feeling sick Friday evening, felt crap Sat Sun and Mon, then was "working from home'" the rest of that week...so only had one actual sick day for my employes to pay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. I never seem to get ill on work time, which is quite annoying even though I am one of the shareholders in the company. In 34 years I would not have taken more than three sick days.

      Delete
  5. Nice Knights indeed, Lawrence. Aside from a bout of influenza in 1984, i’ve Been fortunate to only miss time from illness once, in March 2020. I felt unaccountably off for a day, and back at the really dark days of Covid, that meant I had to arrange for and get a Covid test at a drive through site. By the time the test was done I was pretty sure I was fine and worked from home the next 4 days until the test came back and was cleared to come back to the office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I don't seem to get ill too often, but can normally rely on a bout of flu once a year which knocks me around for three or four days. It is just the loss of hobby time over a public holiday break that hurts the most.

      Delete
  6. Great looking miniatures and congrats on another army completed. 😀
    Too bad for the sickness during a holiday. Viruses can be SO rude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew. Yes, a most unwelcome guest for the holiday period.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Richard. Only a handful but they represent the completion of a project.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. I'll assemble them all for a group photo now that this army is complete.

      Delete
  9. My goodness Lawrence. I have not been 'around the blogs' for several months now. In that time you have gone from painting wonderful looking Napoleonic units, to beaut foot for the English Civil War and now these excellent looking knnnnights (and associated foot). Imagine if you had not been ill?!!
    Getting back to pleine forme now, I hope. Succumbing to the 'flu relatively soon after covid may well be related, reduced immune system and all.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James, and apologies for having missed this comment. Good point about a possible COVID and flu relationship, I hadn't thought of that.

      Delete