Sunday 10 November 2019

15mm Carthaginian Personalities and Artillery

It has been a little while since the last post, due mainly to work and study commitments. At least the latter is now over for the year, so I can finalise the Carthaginian project. As part of this I had purchased many years ago the Carthaginian personality pack and, since I had over-ordered on command figures as well, decided to base these as separate elements. First up, another Hannibal figure:


















And another, depicting the great man crossing the Apls (the others look less-ravaged, but unfortunately I didn't have any other Alp-crossing figures):
Including a mounted Hannibal, three so far with a fourth seated counting coins which I am going to use for a camp setting.

The set also comes with a Mago figure, one of Hannibal's brothers who fought alongside him throughout the Second Punic War and appears to have met his end at sea:


















And Hasdrubal, Hannibal's other brother who died at the battle of the Metauro river while trying to lead reinforcements for Hannibal through Italy:


















And a figure of Maharbal, a Numidian cavalry commander who was one of Hannibal's closest friends and confidants:


















I also purchased a 28mm Xyston Hannibal just for good measure:




































Also completed are two Carthaginian bolt-shooters:




































I am just putting the reigns on a few Carthaginian chariots and hope to have some pictures of these up before the end of the week, whereupon the project will be completed.

8 comments:

  1. Great job, I do like your bolt-shooters, splendid painting and basing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I was pleased with the way they came together.

      Delete
  2. Outstanding command stands! It must be quite rewarding to find yourself near the end of your Carthaginian project. What will be next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan. It is a great feeling, and always nice to get stuck into a new project. I have a bunch of Numidians prepared and ready to go, after completing some Museum Miniature wagons I have had lying around for eight years.

      Delete
  3. yes indeed,lovely painting and flocking of base(s)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. My favourite part is when I get to apply the static grass, as it always seems to represent the attainment of a mini milestone.

      Delete
  4. Lovely command stand's to complete a splendid army, will we see them all together soon?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. Yes, I'm rather partial to a group shot and will get them all together once I have completed the last of the chariots.

      Delete