Monday 4 December 2017

More Janissaries

Another Ottoman Janissary unit completed, this time in more combative firing and advancing poses:


















I stuck with the same colour scheme as the previous unit, mainly because I enjoyed the look and it was fun to paint, but will vary it for my forthcoming units:




































Again, these have a banner from the Little Big Men Studios range. I nearly cocked this one up as the flags are in two separate halves and have to be applied as decals on a blank sheet of paper. I put the first one down on a slight off-angle, but managed to line the second one up that when trimmed and with the edges painted, it is difficult to tell they are slightly out of alignment:


















They really are worth the minimal effort though and, I believe, add a nice finishing touch:


















I have two more units of Janissaries to complete, but will be making a start on some Azabs which I have prepped and ready to go.

6 comments:

  1. Splendid Janissaries, splendid colors and impressive details on them...and lovely flag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Phil. I think the flag came out fairly well in the end.

      Delete
  2. Excellent servants of the Sultan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. I have him ahead of me in the painting queue.

      Delete
  3. Another fine addition to your collection Lawrence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. I'm hoping I can knock over a couple more units before Christmas, but there seem to be a few long lunches and social events which will no doubt slow things down.

      Delete