Tuesday 18 July 2017

French 100th Line Regiment

After a small lull due to some recent university exams I have managed to get back on track and knock out a couple more units, this time two battalions of the 100th Ligne:


















The 100th were part of Gazan's 2nd Division in V Corps at Albuera, where they first came up against the Spanish Irlanda regiment and then the British 57th, losing 267 officers and soldiers from a total of 738, or 36% of their strength:
Zayas had done some extensive work with his Spanish prior to Albuera and it must have been a shock to the French when they stood firm, and then managed to successfully pass lines with the British who were hurriedly redeployed to reinforce them:


















I keep trying to take a break from French line and get started on some English Civil War figures I have prepared, but find myself in the groove and now just want to complete the remainder of the Foundry line figures:


















That's six regiments comprised of twelve battalions now completed, with four regiments left to go.


10 comments:

  1. Great details, they look superb..."Vive l'Empereur!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I have at least three Empereurs to paint as part of this army which I am looking forward to completing.

      Delete
  2. Another great looking unit, your production rate is impressive Lawrence.

    Tony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony, I'm hoping to keep the pace going for another couple of weeks, at least until I have to hit the books again.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I hope there is some more of your great work forthcoming before too long.

      Delete
  4. Really lovely, Lawrence. And of course, one can *never* have too many French line! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter and I agree, even though I spend half my time wondering when enough will be enough. I'm always happiest when another regiment is completed however.

      Delete
  5. Another grand looking unit Lawrence. It just goes to show the harm that higher education does - it harms wargaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mark and, yes, higher education definitely gets in the way. This one's a law degree and I am essentially halfway through, and it will no doubt be the last one I do.

      The main reason, aside from the fact that I have always been interested in the law, was to try to keep my memory exercised.

      All of which came spectacularly unstuck at the end of last semester when I arrived at an exam centre and forgot which lecture theatre I was supposed to be sitting it in. Luckily a supervisor of roughly our vintage took pity on me, finding a spare exam booklet while making an extra space for me and seeing to the necessary paperwork, all to the amusement of the twenty-somethings sitting around me.

      Delete