Thursday, 30 July 2026

15mm Welsh Cavalry and Light Infantry

The last couple of weeks saw the completion of twelve elements of Welsh cavalry including two command elements:



















This is a mixture of heavy cavalry, seen here in the front rank, which can also double as 'knights' as per the Northern Welsh option in the DBMM army lists:



















The lighter or ordinary cavalry are arranged here in the second rank:



















These included some quite characterful figures with a fair bit of variety:



















I again used Little Big Man Studio decals on those figures carrying shields:



















The only minor quibble is that some of the figures sit awkwardly on their mounts, an issue I have found before with the otherwise excellent Forged in Battle figures. This therefore requires a bit of manipulation to get them to sit straight and with enough of a contact point for the glue:



















I also completed fifteen elements of auxiliary troops and a dozen elements of light skirmish infantry:



















The Welsh light infantry is classified as inferior. This usually means they aren't carrying shields so I primarily used those sculpted without to represent skirmishers, albeit with a couple carrying shields mixed in for variety:





































The remainder have been based as auxiliary infantry:





































This is all the actual Welsh figures for the army now finished. All that remains is to complete another twenty elements or eighty figures of Viking allies to complete the army.

No comments:

Post a Comment