Monday 24 April 2023

15mm Medieval German Army Completed

This army took a little longer to complete than I had originally planned, mainly because of my segue into ECW Royalist foot, but now that the dismounted knights and command stands have been finished I can finally call this project complete:












The figures are all Khurasan, with the flags, pennons and some shield transfers from Little Big Men studios:































The German army offers a lot of variety, and the DBMM army list for them is one of the most bewilderingly complicated of them all with various troop types only available if you choose certain compulsory types, which then rules out other types etc.































The only option I haven't completed for this project are some landwehr pike but, given that Khurasan don't make them and because I have a lot of pike already completed for other projects, I will borrow from other armies if I decide to field them:











The other good thing about this army as it stands is that it fits almost perfectly into one of my standard A3 storage boxes:



That's it for medieval armies for a while. Next up, the last of the Royalist ECW foot regiments and then another segue into some more WWII naval.

18 comments:

  1. This is a truly fantastic looking army. The combination of color and metal makes this mass 'pop'! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. The LBMS banners and flags are also great in adding a bit of extra colour.

      Delete
  2. Great to see another army completed Lawrence, only another fifty odd to go....or am I under estimating?!
    Bewilderingly complicated sounds just like the Germans penchant for intricate bureaucracy, so DBMM is probably extremely realistic, at least in that regard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me do another quick count Keith, which looks like I have fifty-six to go. On the plus side my purchases have dropped down to a fraction of what they were a few years ago, so I am now painting a lot more than I am purchasing.

      Delete
  3. My my, they do look good altogether like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, I do like to put on a parade for the sake of posterity.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations- that is a wonderful looking force.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Codsticker, I'm impatient to get back to some more ECW now.

      Delete
  5. Amazing Lawrence. I am green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard. It ended up being a bit of a slog, but there's nothing like the feeling of satisfaction when you get to the end of a project.

      Delete
  6. That’s a brilliant looking army my friend!
    You’ll need to find some rules where you can field all of them at once. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew. I could probably field most of them under the ruleset we currently use, but it would probably make for a long game. Most of us at our age are happy with three to four hours on a Saturday, then home for a mod-afternoon nap.

      Delete
  7. That is a magnificent army Lawrence! Great painting too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jason, I was pleased with the way they looked en masse.

      Delete
  8. Awesome looking army your ability to push on through to completion on your armies is really impressive, having fifty six more must concentrate the mind marvellously! Still I'm looking forward to more ECW goodness as I potter along with my contemporary artillery!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. I'm getting through them and am hoping I'll be able to pick the pace up even more when I finally retire, although that is a few years away yet.

      Delete