Thursday 24 June 2021

French Grenadiers a Cheval

While I have only one dragoon regiment to go, I thought it was time get stuck into another Guard regiment with the Grenadiers a Cheval:











I purchased these in around 2008 and undercoated them two and a half years ago, so they have been patiently awaiting their turn:











The figures are from Foundry, and the flag again from GMB:




















's

That's thirteen regiments done, so over halfway to the twenty-four I have planned:











I ordered a bunch of GMB flags back in February and am still eagerly awaiting their arrival so I can complete the last of the dragoons. I fear it has gone astray, but am clinging to the hope it might still turn up. 

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Lawrence! On the GMB flags, my experience is that orders arrive very quickly to the States. I wager yours are lost in transit somewhere. Ordered in February? You have the patience of Job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan. Yes, I'd say well and truly lost. I have contacted Grahame to hope to hear back soon.

      Delete
  2. Great job on a famous unit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Definitely one of the iconic units of the Napoleonic era.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. For one of the older Foundry sculpts I was pleased with the way they came out.

      Delete
  4. Awesome work on an awesome unit,they look great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. They will be he largest of the French with eighteen figures, so nice to get them done.

      Delete
  5. Another "formidable"(pronounced the French way!) unit Lawrence. I doubt you will see the original GMB order turn up now.....very frustrating at the moment, ordering from the UK.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, Yes, it's very hit and miss. i finally called time on a Perry order which I had placed in December. They sent a replacement in May and it was here within two weeks. that was only the second order I have go astray in twenty years, with the other being a set of rules over fifteen years ago. Looks like this GMB order could be the third, but the second since COVID started.

      Delete
    2. PS I always think of Basil Fawlty when I hear "formidable" pronounced the french way.

      Delete
  6. A magnificent job on the "Big Boots", Lawrence,
    Vive l'Empereur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, I don't think any French army is complete without them.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful representation of the big heels Lawrence. I really like that the figures are 'bold and boofy'. My kind of Grenadiers à cheval. Beautifully painted.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers James. They do look quite imposing, even though they actually appear smaller height-wise alongside other Foundry figures.

      Delete