Monday 19 February 2018

Ottoman Akinjis

I have three units of Akinjis in the painting queue, and have just completed the first of them:


















These are TAG bow-armed Akinjis, with a choice of three command figures and three armed with bows. I also ended up with three of the sword-armed figures, so decided to incorporate one in each unit to round things out, placed here alongside one of the lance-armed command figures on the top right:


















I have tried to keep the colours on these figures more subdued than the recent Sipahis of the Porte, using just the odd splash of brighter blues and reds on the horse furniture:




































As with all TAG figures to date, I have found them fun to paint and with just enough variety to keep my interest levels from flagging:
I have two more units of twelve figures to complete, which will put me over the half-way mark for the project, and hope to have these done before the end of March.

6 comments:

  1. Fast and beautiful cavalry, they look superb and will illuminate your future battlefields!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. The horses are nicely sculpted and do look like they are moving quickly, which fits in well with the Akinji ethos.

      Delete
  2. Superb light cavalery. I really like the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stuff Lawrence. You must be getting dangerously close to finishing an army and playing a game with them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. I am now just over the half-way point with the Turks, but will need to do a combined Polish-German allied force as opposition as none of the group I game with play renaissance.

      This was meant only as a temporary diversion from Napoleonics however, and I have some French cavalry and legere waiting for me before I make a start on the Poles. So much to do.

      Delete