Thursday 14 December 2017

Ottoman Azabs

The first of three planned Azab units, this one is again from The Assault Group and is comprised of musket-armed figures:


















I tried to give them a bit of colour variation and found myself using around forty different colours and shades. At the same time I was trying to not go too wild with it to try to avoid them looking like a bunch of circus performers:
































I used one of the smaller Little Big Man Studio Islamic banners for this unit. As previously mentioned they come in two halves and have to be applied as decals to paper, and I was probably a little over-confident with this one and ended up applying the two halves slightly out of alignment. However, I think I managed to make a reasonable effort of rescuing it and they are very nice flags (although that halberd staff needs straightening).




































I have another unit of bow-armed Azabs on the painting table at the moment, which I hope to have finished this side of Christmas.

8 comments:

  1. lovely figures and brush work - nice!

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, nice colors and impressive turbans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil. The turbans are very nicely modelled and easy to dry-brush.

      Delete
  3. Lovely Ottomans; gives me the shivers thinking about facing Joe's Ottoman army again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to enjoy playing with 15mm Renaissance Ottoman's in the 80's, so was keen to give it another go in 28mm. Of course that means I'll have to also give them an opponent, which I'm thinking will probably be Poles.

      Delete
  4. Nice work Lawrence. Have you started winding down yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mark. Just tomorrow to go now, and then we'll call it quits at work for the year. We have our Golden Retriever booked in for his last trip to the vet on Saturday which will put a sad tone over Christmas, but he has finally hung out the white flag in his battle against cancer. He is over twelve-and-a-half, so has had a decent innings.

      We will definitely have to catch up for that long-awaited beer in 2018. It will be great to catch up on the last 32 years.

      Delete