Tuesday 15 August 2017

French 55th Line Regiment

Another one done, this time the 55th Ligne, made up with what I have left of the Foundry march attack figures and a few sundry others that weren't going to find a home elsewhere:


















These included a few more "under fire" figures which provide some nice variety:


















I have also used grenadiers in caps, which are among my favourite Foundry Napoleonic figures:


















The 55th regiment were part of Werle's brigade at Albuera, of which I have completed two of the three battalions and topped them off with the usual GMB flag:


















That's seven regiments comprised of fourteen twenty-figure battalions completed this year, with another three regiments nearing completion.


















In spite of wavering a little around the halfway mark I'm nearly there with them now and so will get them finished before I move on to something new, which will hopefully be some Empress ECW figures I have prepared and which now have a thin layer of dust starting to appear upon them.

11 comments:

  1. Diversity of the poses + great painting = splendid unit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I was quite happy with the way this one turned out.

      Delete
  2. Splendid work on the 55th! 280 Frenchmen painted thus far in 2017 is a big effort by anyone's standards. Congratulations on sticking with French to amass a big collection. I look forward to following your progress on Empress ECW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, I have been quietly pleased with the progress. I'm looking forward to something new as a break however.

      Delete
  3. Lovely battalion. That many French infantry painted one after another is a real challenge; I usually do 72 - 90 en masse, then do something else before doing more French Ligne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter. I wish I had done the same as it does take the novelty out of the exercise, but I'm always worried that if I don't keep on I'll have forgotten how to approach them when I pick them up again. Probably an irrational fear, but the older I get I think it is becoming more justified.

      Delete
  4. Cheers Mark. Nothing compared to your rate and quality of output I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you are back into it Lawrence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. We're off on holiday two weeks tomorrow, so I'm just trying to give it a nudge before we head off.

      Delete
  6. Another fine looking unit.....for froggies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony. I was worried they may have become a little monotonous, but in retrospect I have enjoyed painting them far more than I thought I would.

      Delete