Wednesday 5 April 2017

French 64th Line Regiment

The next French regiment completed, the 64th Line were present in Girard's division at Albuera alongside the 34th, 40th and 88th Line:


















Since I have already completed the first two regiments, and have the 88th on the painting table at the moment, I have just realised that at some stage it must have been my plan to put together the first division, especially given that Albuera is one of my favourite Napoleonic battles. I can't remember actually deciding upon this which is slightly worrying, and have simply been painting the regiments according to the GMB flags that have been sitting in a drawer for the last six or seven years:


















I put some of the Foundry "under-fire" figures, which thankfully I could remember having purchased some twelve years ago, into the second battalion to provide a bit of variety:


















I really like these figures and they are nicely animated, even if the one second from the left looks like he has slipped on something unpleasant:


















That's four regiments now finished, with the 88th hopefully to be completed before the end of the month.

7 comments:

  1. Impressive and beautiful unit Lawrence, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I'm starting to get on a bit of a roll with them now.

      Delete
  2. Fine looking fellows, and the "under fire" figures provide some nice variety. Obviously you planned out the composition of the Division years ago when you bought the GMB flags! I have to consider what units to include in my own Spanish forces when I start my own Projecto Espana later this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I must have done Peter, although it's most unlikely me not to have noted it down somewhere. I'll look forward to your Spanish project when it gets underway.

      Delete
  3. Good God mate! If you keep going at this rate you will finish that army...and have to start another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Mark, as the lead pile is actually a bit of a disgrace and is bordering on being a source of stress as opposed to something pleasurable. I must say I do enjoy the painting as a pastime in itself, which is something I never imagined I would thirty or so years ago.

      Delete
    2. I often think I enjoy painting, but rather I think the satisfaction comes from finishing units.

      Delete