Wednesday 5 June 2013

Composite Spanish Grenadiers

I love the look of the Spanish grenadiers. I have done these in the same facings of most of my line regiments, so I can attach them if necessary and form bigger units:

 

I didn't notice until after I had taken the photo that I had positioned them incorrectly.
I wasn't sure how to paint the seal-skin caps, but settled on a heavy dark brown dry-brush over black.
 
 
 
The bags are always quite involved. I went with a fairly simple design which could have been a little more intricate in retrospect, but I am not completely unhappy with them:
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed. And I think you've done an incredible job on those grenadier cap bags - much neater and crisper than my efforts doing the same thing.

    Roly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roly, I very much appreciate the encouragement,

    ReplyDelete